Laboratory & Office Management
Laboratory information management systems belong to the class of application software intended for storage and management of information obtained in the course of the work of the laboratory. The systems are used to control and manage samples, standards, test results, reports, laboratory staff, instruments, and work flow automation. Integration of laboratory information management systems with the enterprise’s information systems will make it possible to promptly transmit required data to the laboratory and the enterprise administration. Key words information measurement systems–information management systems–laboratory information management systems–functionality of laboratory information management systems. Bhagalpur National College Bhagalpur facilitates a modern laboratory facilities for students. Though there is lacking of sophisticated instrument here but under the limited resources, we are regularly organise laboratory classes. After IQAC meeting with head of departments of the college, we employ ICT feature to students. In this regards students, specially of science stream are taught in laboratory with modern technique. Even using college wifi, we show students the sophisticated laboratory environment in various premier institution/scientific labs throughout the world.
The office management of Bhagalpur National College Bhagapur runs under IQAC guidelines, which follow the principles of management outlined by Henri Fayol. The principles of office management are the guidelines are the ground rules for the efficient management of any undertaking. The following are:
- Division of work: Principles of specialization are necessary to increase the efficiency in the utilization of labour.
- Authority and Responsibility: Responsibility is the corollary of authority and arises from it. Authority is a combination official and personal.
iii. Discipline: Respect for agreements which are directed at achieving obedience, application, energy and outward marks of respect.
- Unity of command: Each employee should have one superior only.
- Unity of direction: Each group of activities having the same objectives must have one head and one plan.
- Subordination of Individual Interest to General Interest : The interest of groups should supersede those of the individual. When they are found to differ, it is the function of management to reconcile them.
Since office management is similar to the general or administrative management, it performs the same functions as are performed by the management. The functions of office management are:
- Planning: Planning is concerned with dealing in advance what is to be done. According to Terry Planning is the first fundamental function of management. It provides, prior to activity, guides and courses for action required by managers in order to achieve goals. Planning is the selecting and relating of facts, and making and using the assumptions regarding the future in the visualization and formulation of proposed activities believed necessary to achieve desired results.
- Organising: According to Oliver Sheldon “Organisation is the process of combining the works done by a individual or a group to perform with facilities necessary form its execution, that the duties so performed provide the best channel for the efficient, systematic, positive and co-ordinated application of the available efforts.
iii. Staffing: Staffing an organisation refers to the selection of men for the various jobs. It refers to choosing and preparing men so that the selection, recruitment, training, development, promotion and remuneration of employees.
- Directing: The process of direction refers to the way an executives issues instructions to his subordinate.
Moreover the office of Bhagalpur National College Bhagalpur mostly works under paperless policy, which policy was governed firstly by IQAC in the session 2016-2017.